Covid-19 has brought many changes to the world, as well as to Ascot Vale Osteopathy. Being a primary health service, we are deemed an essential service and will remain open for face-to-face appointments as long as is safe. We are aware that this is a very stressful time and are committed to supporting our patients through this period. Your health and our own health, as always remains the utmost priority.
Screening all patients before attending
All clients (and staff) must not attend the clinic if:
- You have any respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath, with/without fever)
- You are a suspected case of COVID-19:
Arrival at the clinic
- It is a condition of entry that you sanitise with alcohol-based antibacterial gel
- A face mask must be worn at all times within the clinic by both patients and staff
- All toys and magazines from the waiting area have been removed
- Please take note of, and adhere to the social distance guides throughout reception.
During your appointment
- Working in healthcare, we have always taken the risk of infection transmission very seriously, so you will be unlikely to see much change to the treatment itself.
- Gowns, face-rest covers and pillowcases are replaced and washed with every use, as they always have been.
- In between patients, all surfaces of the clinic room are wiped down with disinfectant.
- We currently prefer payment via cards.
- We ask you to swipe your cards yourself for both Private Health Funds, and EFTPOS transactions. We will guide you with this.
- The EFTPOS terminal is disinfected after each payment has been processed.
Social distancing measures
- Practice good hygiene
- Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others
- Understand the risk and symptoms
- Help continue to slow the spread of COVID-19 by getting tested, even if you have mild symptoms
- Stay home and avoid contact if you’re feeling unwell
- Take care wherever you go, assume others may be carrying the virus